Name: Brad Writer
• Part-time Screen Printer.
• Freelance Audio/Video Producer.
• Audio Production:
- 10 years freelance experience.
- Proficient with Logic Pro 9 (Loops/Beats/Multitrack productions)
- Roland VS1824 (24bit Digital Workstation - Multitrack production)
- Tascam Porta Two Ministudio (Cassette Tape Multitrack productions)
• Video Production:
- 3 years freelance experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere CS5.5, and Final Cut Pro 7.0 editing suites.
- 2-camera setup; Panasonic HVX100 and GoPro Hero3 Black Edition
- Examples of my work can be viewed on my YouTube channel or Vimeo.
- My video production archives: youtube.com/KillerTimesPresents
- I’ve been taking pictures since I was teenager- late 90’s, but I bought my first DSLR in 2008. To date, I have 43,000+ photos digitally archived.
- Digital: Nikon D60-DSLR camera w/ various lenses, and 6 years experience with Adobe Photoshop-currently using CS5.5)
- Film: Various 35mm cameras (SLR’s, rangefinders, cheap plastic, vintage) and experience with processing/developing black and white film in a dark room environment.
- Examples of my work can be viewed on my Flickr and Blogger.
• My photography blog: writerphotography.blogspot.com/
• My photography archives: flickr.com/photos/killertimes/sets
• Boss DJs (musician collective)
- Over 4 years dj experience with the Boss DJs of Westminster, Maryland. Spinning only vinyl at house shows, bars, clubs, dance halls, basements, backyards, and living rooms within a 35-mile radius.
- 1000+ records in my collection at one point, but I thinned down to less than 800 currently.
- I published a book about the Boss DJs; a 40 page photographic timeline. The book can be previewed/purchased at http://www.blurb.com/boss-djs
- To find out more about the Boss DJs, visit:
- Boss DJs blog: bossdjs.tumblr.com/
- Boss DJs photo album: flickr.com/photos/killertimes/sets
• To find out more about The Plastics, visit:
• Bass Guitar: self-taught since mid-2000’s. I’m okay-to-fair. Played in Dustpan.
• I’ve been writing and recording music since 2002. I worked to get two Technic 1200s because I was infatuated with scratching and turntablism. Then I started making beats on my computer using Fruity Loops and Cool Edit Pro. Then I got into recording other people’s music/bands. Then I got some guitars. Then I bought a drum kit from my step-dad. Then I joined a band. All of which lead to me writing and recording my own weird songs, loops and soundscapes.
Over a decade of gear collecting, complimentary recording sessions, trial-and-error projects testing theory, and random fits of motivation have produced a decent catalog of work. The range of examples testifies versatility. I keep current music profiles across the internet. I use Bandcamp for my music with live instruments, guitar/drums/indie rock stuff. Then there’s my Soundcloud, where I post my beats, loops, raps, mixtapes, side projects, etc. I’m working on a datpiff account, hoping to upload some conceptual mixtapes in the spring/summer of 2013.
- Brad Writer Music Blog: http://bradwritermusic.blogspot.com/
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/killertimes
- Bandcamp: http://bradwriter.bandcamp.com/
- Datpiff: http://www.datpiff.com/Brad-Writer-Dont-Call-Me-B-rad-mixtape
• Web Design:
I’ve been building various blogs for my audio/visual projects and media productions since 2008.
- Highlights of killer times productions: http://killertimes85.blogspot.com/
- killer times blog: http://killertimes.tumblr.com/
I strive to develop my portfolio of work and aspire to grow as an artist.