Name: Brad Writer
Occupation: Independent Contractor.
• Video Production:
- 3 years free-lance experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere CS5, and Final Cut Pro 7.0 editing suites.
- 2-camera setup; Panasonic HVX100 and GoPro Hero3 Black Edition
- Examples of my work can be viewed on my YouTube channel or my Vimeo.
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/KillerTimesPresents
- Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user10309904
• Audio Prodcution:
- 10 years free lance experience.
- Proficient with Logic Pro 9 (Loops/Beats/Multitrack productions)
- Roland VS1824 (24bit Digital Workstation - Multitrack production)
- Tascam Porta Two Ministudio (Cassette Tape Multitrack productions)
- I’ve been taking pictures since I was teenager- late 90’s, but I bought my first DSLR in 2008. To date, I have 35,000+ photos digitally archived.
- Digital: Nikon D60-DSLR camera w/ various lenses, and 6 years experience with Adobe Photoshop-currently using CS5)
- Film: Various 35mm cameras (SLR’s, rangefinders, cheap plastic, vintage) and experience with processing/developing black and white film in a dark room environment.
- Examples of my work can be viewed on my Flickr and Blogger.
• Blogger: http://writerphotography.blogspot.com/
• Boss DJ (DJ collective)
- Over 4 years experience dj-ing with the Boss DJs of Westminster, Maryland. Spinning only vinyl at house shows, bars, clubs, dance halls, basements, backyards, and living rooms within a 35-mile radius.
- 1000+ records in my collection at one point, but I thinned down to less than 800 currently.
- I published a book about the Boss DJs; a 40 page photographic timeline. The book can be previewed/purchased at http://www.blurb.com/b/2213783-boss-djs
- To find out more about the Boss DJs, visit:
- tumblr: http://www.bossdjs.tumblr.com/
• To find out more about The Plastics, visit:
- Bandcamp: http://theplastics.bandcamp.com/
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/killertimes/sets/72157624834088993/
• Bass Guitar: self-taught since mid-2000’s. I’m okay-to-fair. Played in Dustpan.
• I’ve been writing and recording music since 2002-ish. I got some Technic 1200s because I was into scratching and turntablism. Then I started making beats on my computer using Fruity Loops and Cool Edit Pro. Then I got into recording other people’s music/bands. Then I bought a drum kit from my stepdad. Then I got some guitars. Over a decade of gear collecting, complimentary recording sessions, trial and error projects testing theory, and random fits of motivation have produced a decent catalog of work. The range of examples testifies versatility. I keep current music profiles across the internet. I use Bandcamp for my music with live instruments, guitar/drums/indie rock stuff. Then there’s my Soundcloud, where I post my beats, loops, raps, mixtapes, side projects, etc. I’m working on a datpiff account, hoping to upload some conceptual mixtapes in the spring/summer of 2013.
- Brad Writer Music (Blogger): http://bradwritermusic.blogspot.com/
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/killertimes
- Bandcamp: http://bradwriter.bandcamp.com/
• Web Design:
I’ve been building a tumblr blog consisting of my audio/visual projects and media productions since 2008. I began building a refined blog using the Blogger platform around 2011. I have a general understanding of editing HTML coding. I know resources to learn and troubleshoot issues. I have not built a webpage/site from the ground up, but I do know how to fumble around the coding to tweak and modify design and layout on my various blogs.
I strive to develop my portfolio of work and aspire to grow as an artist.